Trox UK have recognised that with the unrelenting pace of change of business and the highly competitive manufacturing industry, comes the requirement to be able to quickly and effectively adapt business systems and processes.
Agility is key to being able to respond effectively to the increasing demands of customers. Trox want to reap the benefits of continual improvement and an ERP system that underpins the business now and in the future.
Optimum have been retained on an on-going basis as Trox’s ERP partner. Working alongside the Trox team to ensure that the ERP system and associated business processes evolve alongside new business initiatives and new product developments. Covering their legacy Baan ERP system and their new Infor LN ERP implementation.
- Supporting the as-is and the to-be
- Providing specialist resource to allow them to undertake continual improvement of business processes and systems: technical, functional, project management
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Recommending and implementing solutions
- Blueprinting business practices against acknowledge industry best practice
- Balancing the need for change against the need to remain within budgetary constraints with adequate ROI
Here are just some of the improvements delivered for Trox UK:
- ERP System Automation: By working closely with end-users, numerous repetitive &/or onerous activities have been identified that can be either fully automated or streamlined, thus removing many laborious tasks from their daily workload
- Commission & Rebates: Following changes to the commissions structure within Trox, a solution was developed to fully integrate the requirement for individual sales orders to be split across several “interested” Sales Reps
- System Knowledge: The transfer of knowledge to ensure that a correct understanding of how the system works is retained and appreciated by all business teams
- Process Improvements: Process review workshops, resulting in streamlining and simplification
- General Ledger Reporting: Improvements to the quality of reporting, offering better visibility of integration from supply chain.
- Export Documentation: Provided a simple yet flexible approach to the generation of the required documentation. The improvements have seen a time saving of in excess of 80%
- Purchase Requisitioning: Designed and developed a solution to support Trox’s cost approval structure, eliminate the necessity for paper traceability and the auto generation of POs on final approval
- Pallet Labelling: To improve the quality of packing documentation provided with each delivery and to help identify the components packed in individual pallets/crates
- ERP system remains optimised and fit for purpose
- Continuous improvement to operations
- Agility to respond to changing business needs
The key to being able to keep delivering results and value for Trox is the in depth understanding we have of the Trox business and of their supporting systems, together with our ERP know-how.
“OptimumPPS have become an extension to the Trox IT Department, providing invaluable support, market leading advice and improvements to many aspects of our business. Their knowledge and understanding of how our business works and interacts with our ERP software is exceptional”