Reynolds had grown to a point that the operational processes and systems were under strain. This shortcoming was putting at risk both future expansion and the ability to maintain their high levels of quality and service.
A Business Blueprint exercise was carried out – detailing the new ‘To Be’ processes, ways of working, organisational structure and the resultant ERP system requirements.
- A roadmap for driving through business improvements and the basis for the subsequent ERP system selection and implementation (Lawson M3).
- Business process improvement programme
- Purchasing cost downs
- Improvement on cash employed
- Improved ROI
- Improved management reporting
- Reduction of stock losses
- Business waste reduction
- Stock holding reduction
- Reduction of logistic costs through group rather than site planning
“I had worked with Optimum previously at Dairy Crest and really admired their very challenging approach to developing an appropriate business blueprint.
Optimum very quickly got to grips with our business and the challenges we faced and helped us to map out better ways of working across the board. Their blueprint was a critical building block to the subsequent organisational changes and our ERP system selection and implementation project.
They have continued to work with us through the implementation providing a variety of excellent human resource, invaluable advice and assurance and a very good, rounded sounding board”.