As part of Europe’s market leading carton producer, MMP UK have identified the need to remain focused on their business systems to ensure they continue to be competitive. As their ERP Partner, we have helped them achieve their goal.
Keeping their ERP solution correctly aligned and integrated to both their own ever-changing business procedures and the increasing demands of their customers is a key factor in their competitive edge.
Optimum have been working with MMP for a number of years as their ERP partner with the multi-functional brief of supporting their chosen ERP solution and ensuring their business processes evolve alongside changes in the market place.
Here are just some of the significant improvements delivered for MMP:
- Production Planning: The ability to accept very late changes to design and quantity were built into the manufacturing process.
- RF Data Capture/Scanning: Long-winded manual production processes were transformed to real-time shop floor capture processes, resulting in savings in the following areas:
– Goods receipt and raw material transfers
– Production issue at the point of use
– Receipt of finished product into stock
– Scanning of deliveries directly onto vehicles
- Raw Material Scheduling: Improvements in the supply of raw materials into production, by introducing consignment stocking and just-in-time purchasing as well as numerous improvements to stock visibility reporting and forecasting techniques.
- Process Improvements: Process review workshops, identifying a number of laborious processes that have benefited from improved data processing techniques and simplification.
- General Ledger Reporting: Improvements to the quality of reporting, offering better visibility of integration from supply chain.
- Data Exchange: Processes have been designed to aid the automatic transfer of information between different Mayr-Melnhof sites and key customers.
- Purchase Requisitioning: Solution designed and implemented to support MMP’s multi-site environment and eliminate the necessity for paper traceability.
- Time & Cost Savings: Some business processes have seen improvements by up to 80%
- Improved Decision Making: Improved data quality & reliability, wth quicker access to the real-time information required to support rapid decision making
- Competitive Advantage: By continual improvement of market leading business practices supported by robust IT solutions
- Expert Resource: Expert ERP and process management skills and experience
- Robust Solutions: Development resource to generate new solutions that correctly integrate with existing systems
Using Optimum as their ERP partner gives MMP a flexible, cost effective resourcing model : expert capability they can call on as and when they need it, flexing to the peaks and troughs of business demands.
“Optimum have developed a real understanding of our business and been instrumental in helping us introduce the changes necessary to keep us at the forefront of our industry.”