A rapidly changing operational footprint along with limited understanding of the ERP implemented resulted in a system setup that caused manual workarounds for both the logistics and customer service departments – with the additional resource and risk that workarounds always entail.
Optimum performed a full review of the warehousing and customer service processes, technology, and the interaction between them.
A programme of corrective actions was recommended and implemented. The key here was that holistic approach to connect People, Processes and Systems: not just a system focus.
- Optimised warehousing structure in ERP
- Implementation of a new warehouse management system
- Improved processes, ways of working and interaction in the logistics and customer service departments
- 3rd party supplier management
- Reduced resource demands
- Reduced risk
- Optimised systems and processes
- Improved performance levels
- Improved service levels
The implemented solution has resulted in improved operational performance and an increase in the customer service levels.
“Without the subject-matter expertise that Optimum provided we would not have been able to improve both our operational performance as well as the use of the system.
We continue to reap benefits from this project through rolling the solution out to our other sites successfully.”